If you haven’t got yourself into Google+ yet, keep trying. I hear they are opening it up to anyone and then closing it off. So you’re best bet is to keep trying or if you want, I’ll send you something as way of an invitation and try to get you in that way.
So far, despite being a little lonely over there, I like it. The interface is nice, clean, non-obtrusive (yeah, I’m talking to you Facebook) and just feels natural. All that aside, there are a few things I think they need to address ASAP.
- Google Reader integration. Seriously, as of yet, there is no way to connect the two so that what I “share” in Google Reader shows up in G+. Why is that, Google? I’m sure something has to be in the works, but it seems weird. In fact, in Google Reader, I can’t even +1 something. It does show up on the profile under Buzz, but I don’t look there for other people’s buzzes, just what is in their stream. There doesn’t seem a way to share your Buzzes from G+ to your stream either. Just give us an option to post it to our stream from Reader.
- Gmail integration. There are a million ideas I have about how this should work, but I’ll start simple. Let me reply to messages/notifications I get in my email from G+. You can do it in Facebook. In fact, tie it in with my gmail account so that when I send a picture to someone not on G+ (or even someone that is), it looks like it’s coming from my email address. I have some other thoughts about that…you remember Wave? Yeah, something like that, just better and all inside G+. Don’t make me leave G+ for any reason actually.
- Events/Calendar. Let us create events and add things to our Google Calendar. Again, don’t make me leave G+ for anything.
- Docs. I could really see G+ being a great tool for the workplace…if you allow document sharing, etc…
- WordPress integration. Going with a non-Google item here. I know there are plans to integrate Blogger, but why? Everyone knows Blogger sucks. I am shocked it still exists. Keep it and integrate it for those blogs still hosted on it. We don’t want to lose page rank. But, give us other options like WordPress integration to start.